2 large egg white (about 64g each with shell)
50g plain flour
60g castor sugar
30g butter (melted)
100g almond flakes
1/8 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Thaw egg white at room temperature.
- Sieve plain flour twice.
- Melt butter with double boil method. Put butter in a small bowl, transfer to a sauce pan filled with water. Heat the pan with medium flame until the butter melts. Stir occasionally. Set aside to cool down.
- Line baking tray with grease proof paper
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg white with a hand whisk until you see white bubbles. Add in sugar and beat in circular movement until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in flour and mix till no traces of flour and lump-free.
- Use a spatula to fold in almond flakes until well-combined.
- Stir in melted butter and mix well.
- Spoon 1/3 or ½ tablespoon of mixture on the baking tray. Spread out into a round shape (about 2cm diameter) or any other shapes you like using a spoon
- Bake at 170°C for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. If there is uneven colour among these crisps, rotate the baking tray towards the last 2 minutes
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool and then store into an air-tight container.